The Process


The Process

Design Philosophy

Creating timeless, stylish, comfortable interiors reflecting the individual client’s lifestyle and needs. Each client has different personality and Nancy has been complimented on bringing a fresh perspective to every design project.
Whether you are building, renovating or simply want a new look for your home, office or healthcare facility, Nancy can provide a variety of design services suited to your project and budget. Every project receives the same attention-to-detail and professional management that has made Nancy’s professional business and organizational skills a well-regarded part of her design service. Nancy is an expert at designing functional and multiple uses for small spaces. Her work in New York City’s apartments has been noted as “creative, masterful and amazing” by her clients.

A paraphrased quote from Abraham Lincoln sums up Nancy’s approach to her design work. “You should be proud of your home and you should endeavor to make it proud of you.”

Design Process

Nancy believes that a successful design project must begin with a spirit of collaboration with the client. A solid, good working relationship with the client, educating them about the myriad of choices and guiding them trough the design process are the keys to achieving a beautiful end result. All projects begin with an analysis of the design problem particularly the client’s wishes, style and budget. Nancy’s years of experience and constant search for new resources brings the opportunity for clients to receive cutting-edge products and technology to their projects. Clients are shown spatial layouts, choices of colors, materials and finishes for all areas of the rooms as well as selections of furniture.

Clients are provided with a Letter of Agreement for design services as well as proposals and purchase orders for all products and services.

Project Management

Nancy’s long experience with numerous resources enables her to provide your project with contractors who are reliable, professional and take pride in their workmanship. Products and materials are carefully chosen from manufacturers known for their quality and customer service. Nancy can provide any level of project management that is mutually agreeable. She pays meticulous attention to detail – from purchase orders, to supervision of contractors, to cost controls – with the aim of looking out for her clients’ best interests. These skills have earned her considerable respect from a loyal following of clients as well as the colleagues and trades people in the design industry. Nancy’s mantra is “The interior design business is just that – a business. About 20% of the project is the creative process. The remaining 80% is accomplishing what you have designed.” From design concept to final installation of artwork and accessories, Nancy is directly involved in achieving an end result that will go beyond your initial dreams.

Fee Structure

Pricing for individual projects is either hourly or by flat fee. After an initial consultation with the client and an understanding of the scope of the work, a contract is presented containing the mutually agreed upon method of compensation.